Men who are occupied in the restoration of health of others by the joint exertion of skill and humanity, are above all the greatest. They resemble or replace divinity. I had the Misfortune of not being able to meet him during my Visit to Mysuru, but the reverence and Awe of the Patients shook me. I managed to contact him on the phone and had a informative half an hour discussion. They were plain truths staring at us, which I have summarized. He specifically asked me to Quote “WHEN DIET IS WRONG, MEDICINE IS OF NO USE; WHEN DIET IS CORRECT, MEDICINE IS OF NO NEED”. The right kind of food, a simple lifestyle and the right agricultural practices. That’s all society needs to mend its ways and get itself into top health says Dr Khader Valli, a US returned scientist, who has dedicated his life to building a healthy society after resigning from a lucrative job in an MNC. Dr Khader, has transformed himself into a healer through food-as-medicine, near Mysore. He has shown that millets can cure almost every conceivable disease including cancer. Moreover, they could prevent cancers.
The 57-year-old scientist is considered the best Doctor, for extremely complicated situations. There are thousands of Diabetics with gangrenous legs who consider him a messiah for saving their limbs after they were advised to go for amputation. There are epileptics who have lost all hope, who rush to his residence in the interior of TK Layout for deliverance from the various Health problems. He has hardly disappointed any of them.
This ‘DOC’ in desi khadi does no black magic. He Instead makes small changes in food choices and minimal medication. This is at a minimal cost to the thousands of patients who flock his place and almost ends up delivering MIRACLES. He treats at least 100 patients a day at his residence in TK Layout from Tuesday to Saturday, and 200+ at Bidirenahalli in HD Kote taluk every Monday.
Dr Khader did his BSc (Ed) and MSc (Ed) from Regional College of Education, Mysuru, and PhD on Steroids at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru. He has worked as a post doctoral fellow on Environment Science at Beaverton Oregon and as scientist in CFTRI for three years. Joining Dupont, he worked for them in India for a year and for four and a half years in the US before settling in Mysuru in 1997.
Another passion of his is Saving the soil for posterity. Dr Khader feels it can happen only with the right kind of agricultural practices. He is worried that with the kind of crop practices farmers are adopting, the soil may become unfit to grow anything in the next thirty years.
What is the Cause of increasing cases of juvenile diabetes, childhood obesity, early puberty, irregular menstrual cycles, polycystic ovaries, infertility, anaemia, low milk supply during breast feeding and constipation. Diet counselors say it’s all because of Junk Food… Chocolates, pizzas and your love for non-vegetarian food.
Dr Khader does not feel this is entirely true. “Oxytocin/estrogen hormones are injected into cows to increase milk yield, micro levels of those hormones present in milk is one reason for early puberty in girls. Alloxan, used as a bleaching agent to bleach wheat flour for production of maida (used for preparing bakery products), obstructs the capacity of the pancreas to produce beta cells, which store and release insulin,” he points out.
“We need to start eating positive grains (Siridhanya), fruits and vegetables, palm jaggery (Kappu bella/saate) and use groundnut (seed) oils to stay healthy. Positive grains are not only nutritious, they can be grown in dry land and need only 20 cm of rainfall. As high as 60 percent of the available land in India is dry land. So if farmers cultivate positive grains, there could be no drought in the next 50 years,” he reasons.
Dr Khader grows as many as 38 crop varieties including positive grains at home and uses ‘Kaadu Chaitanya dravana,’ a microbial liquid for farming in his 8 acres of dry land in Bidirenahalli in the Kabini backwaters in HD Kote. He even gives a live demonstration on the right agricultural practices at his farm every Sunday. His daughter Dr Sarala, a homeopath and wife Usha, have been partnering Dr Khader in his cause.
- Sugarcane requires 28,000 litres of water for manufacturing a kg of SUGAR
- 8,000 litres of water is required, to grow one kg of RICE
- Only 300 litres water is sufficient, for one kg of positive grains (Millets )
Food which takes a longer period to dislodge the sugar (glucose and fructose) to be absorbed by the blood, is the right kind of food. Ragi / Nachni takes one and a half to two hours, other positive grains take over 6 hours while rice takes just 45 minutes to get absorbed in the blood increasing the risk of diabetes
A herbicide present in Soyabean leads to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Steroids are being injected to increase the weight of goat, sheep, chicken and pigs. Gluten present in wheat may affect the absorption of micro nutrients like zinc in the small intestine.It was not easy to summarize his Advice .. as most of us are only addressing the symptoms but not looking at the root cause.
- Direct light from digital devices/gadgets not only disturbs our eyesight but also disturbs our digestion, nervous system, sciatic nerves and brain. He points to the rise in patients with Parkinsons and insomnia. He suggests to sleep in pitch-dark condition after 9 pm.
- Navane (foxtail millet) and Saame (little millet) helps to stabilize the nervous system
- Drinking water from plastic bottles prevents absorption of selenium and zinc which causes hair fall and thyroid problems.
- Milk in plastic packs contain steroids, antibiotics, growth hormones etc, leading to PCOD and early puberty. On top of that, babies are given the same milk in plastic bottles with plastic nipples which worsens the effect. Millions of tonnes of plastic being used for milk packets – bad for health and the environment
- False propaganda everywhere that milk is the only source of calcium. Calcium absorption from milk is very less, whereas calcium from ragi milk is absorbed 100%
- “Why are we dumb?” – not questioning anything – in the name of science, progress, development, technology, looking upto the West
- Giving packaged malt drinks like Complan causes constipation, bleeding, piles, fissures, hemorrhoids etc among children. When toddlers are constipated, doctors advise Dulcolax to solve the symptom but the root cause is never addressed
- Millet based kanji / porridges are the best alternatives
- To reduce hairfall, stop using plastic combs. Use wooden combs
- Remove all things unnatural from your life. These subtle changes make a
- Elimination of wastes from our body – extremely important
- Millets are not only good for people with diabetes or ailments but also for prevention of diseases and good health.. Millets being rich in fibre, removes all toxic material from the body
- Oodalu (barnyard millet) – good for spleen which purifies blood.
- Many Corporate /FMCG ‘s want to get rid of kitchens from our homes. Proof – proliferation of ready-to-cook and packaged foods
- Take Kashaya/ Kadha instead of tea/coffee. Tea/coffee increases acidity, gas, stimulates nervous system abruptly.
- Stop/Reduce rice, wheat, sugar and milk for 3 weeks and you’ll feel the difference.
- A Millet based meal twice a day is sufficient
- Pharmaceutical companies are making billions in profits from diabetes medicines in India.
- They make us fall sick (using high sugar, high salt in packaged foods and junk) and earn profits.
- India being a country with predominantly youth population – junk food targeted towards young people..